Friday, August 9, 2013

Follow Friday: Your Nerdy Best Friend

So I usually try to keep my work life separate from my home life but this week I just couldn't.  This week's Follow Friday focus is simply too. darn. good.

The last few days I've been in attendance at a conference of association staff where I attended a session entitled "It's All About the Bling: Design and Graphic Tools for Better-Looking Everything" taught by one Beth Ziesenis.  I thought the session sounded like an interesting topic: no more plain-text emails, make newsletters pretty, etc.  I was absolutely blown out of the water by Beth's knowledge on this topic.  She made the session interesting and kept her audience engaged.

So I had to stray from my genealogy-focused followings for this week.  Beth's blog, Your Nerdy Best Friend, is one I highly recommend for anyone, not just those wishing to beautify their publications.  Her posts are knowledgeable, well-written and so engaging.  She can also be found on Twitter and FaceBook and those are well worth the follow too.

Beth takes nerd to a whole new level and she's proud of her nerdiness.  LONG LIVE THE NERDS!